Foreign Exchange Guide to Angola
In this guide we review :
- Angolan kwanza info - general info about the Angolan kwanza
- Travelling in Angola - currency & money saving tips
- Buying Angolan kwanza cash online - travel money for Angola
- Sending money to Angola - save on Angolan kwanza bank transfers to Angola
- Angolan kwanza exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Angolan kwanza (AOA) general currency information
Angola currency and money saving tips
Angola's economy is among the fastest growing in the world due to its strong mineral and petroleum reserves, especially since the end of the civil war. Despite this, the standard of living remains low for the majority of the population.
Angola Trip Checklist
Travel money for Angola
Save money and time by Ordering your Angolan kwanza online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the AOA cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Angolan kwanza otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Angola
When sending money to Angola it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Angolan kwanza amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted AOA amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Angola.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Angolan kwanza deposited into the recipient bank account in Angola and less margins and fees kept by the banks!