Foreign Exchange Guide to Central African Republic
Central African franc
In this guide we review :
- Central African franc info - general info about the Central African franc
- Buying Central African franc cash online - travel money for Central African Republic
- Sending money to Central African Republic - save on Central African franc bank transfers to Central African Republic
- Central African franc exchange rates - latest info & charts.
Central African franc (XAF) general currency information
The three letter currency code for the Central African franc is XAF and the symbol is FCFA. It is the domestic currency in Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon.
Central African Republic Trip Checklist
Travel money for Central African Republic
Save money and time by Ordering your Central African franc online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the XAF cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Central African franc otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending money to Central African Republic
When sending money to Central African Republic it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a BER reviewed FX provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Central African franc amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted XAF amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Central African Republic.
By comparing the rates of FX specialist providers rates versus your bank's standard rates you can hopefully save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Central African franc deposited into the recipient bank account in Central African Republic and less margins and fees kept by the banks!