In this guide we review :
- Travelling in Andorra - Practical tips
- Buying Euro Cash Online - Travel money for Andorra
- Sending Money to Andorra - Save on Euro bank transfers
- Euro Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Andorra Travel Practical Tips
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is not valid in Andorra. Take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance before travelling.
Travel Money for Andorra - Buying Euro (EUR)
Save money and time by Ordering your Euro Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the EUR cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Euro otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Andorra Trip Checklist
- Compare EUR Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Andorra
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Andorra
When sending money to Andorra it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Euro amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted EUR amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Andorra.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Euro deposited into the recipient bank account in Andorra and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Andorra
Euro - Latest Rate Info
EUR/USD - 22:00 CEST
1 Day 1 Week: Euro was down against the United States Dollar with the EUR/USD at 1.1872, a drop of -1.03% and also down for the last 7 days with a drop of -0.71%.
3 Month Trend: EUR/USD is trading higher in the 3-month range [Hi:1.2052, Lo:1.1149] and for the quarter is up 7.06%.