In this guide we review :
- Travelling in Argentina - Practical tips
- Buying Argentine Peso Cash Online - Travel money for Argentina
- Sending Money to Argentina - Save on Argentine Peso bank transfers
- Argentine Peso Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Argentina Travel Practical Tips
Try to get some pesos as soon as you get to Argentina. Buses do not accept foreign currency. Taxis and shops might accept U.S. dollars, and they should give you a realistic exchange rate, but that can involve some negotiating.
There have been occasional Falklands-related protests against British interests in Argentina. You should avoid all protests and demonstrations. Yellow fever vaccination is recommended for travel to some parts of the country.
Travel Money for Argentina - Buying Argentine Peso (ARS)
Save money and time by Ordering your Argentine Peso Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the ARS cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Argentine Peso otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Argentina Trip Checklist
- Compare ARS Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Argentina
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Argentina
When sending money to Argentina it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Argentine Peso amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted ARS amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Argentina.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Argentine Peso deposited into the recipient bank account in Argentina and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Argentina