In this guide we review :
- Travelling in Azerbaijan - Practical tips
- Buying Azerbaijani Manat Cash Online - Travel money for Azerbaijan
- Sending Money to Azerbaijan - Save on Azerbaijani Manat bank transfers
- Azerbaijani Manat Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Azerbaijan Travel Practical Tips
The official language is Azerbaijani, the country was a well-known tourist spot in the 1980s. However, the fall of the Soviet Union, and the Nagorno-Karabakh War during the 1990s, damaged the tourist industry and the image of Azerbaijan as a tourist destination.It was not until the 2000s that the tourism industry began to recover, and the country has since experienced a high rate of growth in the number of tourist visits and overnight stays. In the recent years, Azerbaijan has also becoming a popular destination for religious, spa, and health care tourism. During winter, the Shahdag Mountain Resort offers skiing with state of the art facilities.
Travel Money for Azerbaijan - Buying Azerbaijani Manat (AZN)
Save money and time by Ordering your Azerbaijani Manat Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the AZN cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Azerbaijani Manat otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Azerbaijan Trip Checklist
- Compare AZN Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Azerbaijan
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Azerbaijan
When sending money to Azerbaijan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Azerbaijani Manat amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted AZN amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Azerbaijan.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Azerbaijani Manat deposited into the recipient bank account in Azerbaijan and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Azerbaijan