Foreign Exchange Guide to Bahrain
In this guide we review :
- Buying Bahraini Dinar Cash Online - Travel money for Bahrain
- Sending Money to Bahrain - Save on Bahraini Dinar bank transfers
- Bahraini Dinar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Bahrain - Bahraini Dinar (BHD)
Save money and time by Ordering your Bahraini Dinar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the BHD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Bahraini Dinar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Bahrain
When sending money to Bahrain it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Bahraini Dinar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted BHD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Bahrain.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Bahraini Dinar deposited into the recipient bank account in Bahrain and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Bahrain