In this guide we review :
- Travelling in Bangladesh - Practical tips
- Buying Bangladeshi Taka Cash Online - Travel money for Bangladesh
- Sending Money to Bangladesh - Save on Bangladeshi Taka bank transfers
- Bangladeshi Taka Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Bangladesh Travel Practical Tips
Bangladesh has the eighth largest population in the world, the official Bengali language is the tenth-most spoken language in the world, which Bangladesh shares with the neighboring Indian states of West Bengal and Tripura. Citizens of most countries require a passport to gain entry so be sure to check on this before leaving. There are plenty of options for getting around while you are there, however long distance transport can be very busy so it can help to book ahead when possible.
Travel Money for Bangladesh - Buying Bangladeshi Taka (BDT)
Save money and time by Ordering your Bangladeshi Taka Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the BDT cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Bangladeshi Taka otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Bangladesh Trip Checklist
Sending Money to Bangladesh
When sending money to Bangladesh it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Bangladeshi Taka amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted BDT amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Bangladesh.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Bangladeshi Taka deposited into the recipient bank account in Bangladesh and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Bangladesh