Foreign Exchange Guide to Barbados
In this guide we review :
- Buying Barbadian Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for Barbados
- Sending Money to Barbados - Save on Barbadian Dollar bank transfers
- Barbadian Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Barbados - Barbadian Dollar (BBD)
Save money and time by Ordering your Barbadian Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the BBD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Barbadian Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Barbados
When sending money to Barbados it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Barbadian Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted BBD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Barbados.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Barbadian Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in Barbados and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Barbados