In this guide we review :
- Travelling in Belgium - Practical tips
- Buying Euro Cash Online - Travel money for Belgium
- Sending Money to Belgium - Save on Euro bank transfers
- Euro Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Belgium Travel Practical Tips
Belgium is considered a world leader in financial services and has the highest rate of card payments in the world. It is a small but densely populated country with a population of around 11 million.
Travel within Belgium is convenient as it has a well-developed road, air, rail and water networks that are easy to access. Due to its location between France and the Netherlands there are two main languages spoken in Belgium, Dutch and French. You can save a bit of money on getting around by buying a Metro pass, called a MOBIB Basic Card, which can charge up to 50% less than buying a one use ticket.
Travel Money for Belgium - Buying Euro (EUR)
Save money and time by Ordering your Euro Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the EUR cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Euro otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Belgium Trip Checklist
Sending Money to Belgium
When sending money to Belgium it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Euro amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted EUR amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Belgium.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Euro deposited into the recipient bank account in Belgium and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Belgium
Euro - Latest Rate Info
EUR/USD Updates - Fri 5:00 CEST
1 Day 1 Week: Euro was down against the United States Dollar with the EUR/USD at 1.1198, a drop of -0.37% but remains up for the last 7 days with a rise of 0.52%.
3 Month Trend: EUR/USD is touching 3-month highs [Hi:1.1234, Lo:1.0535] and for the quarter is up 5.71%