In this guide we review :
- Buying Belize Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for Belize
- Sending Money to Belize - Save on Belize Dollar bank transfers
- Belize Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Belize - Buying Belize Dollar (BZD)
Save money and time by Ordering your Belize Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the BZD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Belize Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Belize Trip Checklist
- Compare BZD Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Belize
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Belize
When sending money to Belize it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Belize Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted BZD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Belize.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Belize Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in Belize and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Belize