In this guide we review :
- Buying Bhutanese Ngultrum Cash Online - Travel money for Bhutan
- Sending Money to Bhutan - Save on Bhutanese Ngultrum bank transfers
- Bhutanese Ngultrum Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Bhutan - Buying Bhutanese Ngultrum (BTN)
Save money and time by Ordering your Bhutanese Ngultrum Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the BTN cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Bhutanese Ngultrum otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Bhutan Trip Checklist
Sending Money to Bhutan
When sending money to Bhutan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Bhutanese Ngultrum amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted BTN amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Bhutan.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Bhutanese Ngultrum deposited into the recipient bank account in Bhutan and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Bhutan