In this guide we review :
- Buying Botswanan Pula Cash Online - Travel money for Botswana
- Sending Money to Botswana - Save on Botswanan Pula bank transfers
- Botswanan Pula Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Botswana - Buying Botswanan Pula (BWP)
Save money and time by Ordering your Botswanan Pula Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the BWP cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Botswanan Pula otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Botswana Trip Checklist
- Compare BWP Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Botswana
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Botswana
When sending money to Botswana it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Botswanan Pula amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted BWP amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Botswana.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Botswanan Pula deposited into the recipient bank account in Botswana and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Botswana