In this guide we review :
- Buying Burundian Franc Cash Online - Travel money for Burundi
- Sending Money to Burundi - Save on Burundian Franc bank transfers
- Burundian Franc Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Burundi - Buying Burundian Franc (BIF)
Save money and time by Ordering your Burundian Franc Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the BIF cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Burundian Franc otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Burundi Trip Checklist
- Compare BIF Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Burundi
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Burundi
When sending money to Burundi it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Burundian Franc amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted BIF amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Burundi.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Burundian Franc deposited into the recipient bank account in Burundi and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Burundi