In this guide we review :
- Travelling in Canada - Practical tips
- Buying Canadian Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for Canada
- Sending Money to Canada - Save on Canadian Dollar bank transfers
- Canadian Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Canada Travel Practical Tips
Accessing ATM's and banks is not a problem in Canada with any major credit card.
Getting around by train is a popular way of travel in Canada as it is a big place. Booking a sleeper car can be comfortable for long distance overnight stretches. VIA Rail's Canrailpass gives you 12 days of unlimited rail travel in Canada during a 30-day period, check VIA Rail's website for current prices. Bus travel in Canada is an economic and comfortable way to travel, Canada's system of intercity bus routes spans the entire country. Some cities also offer flexible transit passes so you can have unlimited all-day, multi-day, or monthly travel.
Travel Money for Canada - Buying Canadian Dollar (CAD)
Save money and time by Ordering your Canadian Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the CAD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Canadian Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Canada Trip Checklist
Sending Money to Canada
When sending money to Canada it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Canadian Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted CAD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Canada.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Canadian Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in Canada and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Canada
Canadian Dollar - Latest Rate Info
CAD/USD Updates - Wed 7:00 EDT
1 Day 1 Week: Canadian Dollar was down against the United States Dollar with the CAD/USD at 0.7405, a drop of -0.31% but remains up for the last 7 days with a rise of 0.96%.
3 Month Trend: CAD/USD is trading lower in the last 3-month range [Hi:0.7645, Lo:0.7280] and for the quarter is down -2.91%