Foreign Exchange Guide to the Cayman Islands
Cayman Islands Dollar
In this guide we review :
- Buying Cayman Islands Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for the Cayman Islands
- Sending Money to the Cayman Islands - Save on Cayman Islands Dollar bank transfers
- Cayman Islands Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for the Cayman Islands - Cayman Islands Dollar (KYD)
Save money and time by Ordering your Cayman Islands Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the KYD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Cayman Islands Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to the Cayman Islands
When sending money to the Cayman Islands it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Cayman Islands Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted KYD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in the Cayman Islands.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Cayman Islands Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in the Cayman Islands and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to the Cayman Islands