In this guide we review :
- Buying Chilean Peso Cash Online - Travel money for Chile
- Sending Money to Chile - Save on Chilean Peso bank transfers
- Chilean Peso Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Chile - Buying Chilean Peso (CLP)
Save money and time by Ordering your Chilean Peso Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the CLP cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Chilean Peso otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Chile Trip Checklist
- Compare CLP Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Chile
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Chile
When sending money to Chile it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Chilean Peso amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted CLP amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Chile.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Chilean Peso deposited into the recipient bank account in Chile and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Chile