In this guide we review :
- Buying Australian Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for Christmas Island
- Sending Money to Christmas Island - Save on Australian Dollar bank transfers
- Australian Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Christmas Island - Buying Australian Dollar (AUD)
Save money and time by Ordering your Australian Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the AUD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Australian Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Christmas Island Trip Checklist
Sending Money to Christmas Island
When sending money to Christmas Island it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Australian Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted AUD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Christmas Island.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Australian Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in Christmas Island and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Christmas Island
Australian Dollar - Latest Rate Info
AUD/USD Updates - Fri 13:00 AEST
1 Day 1 Week: Australian Dollar was down against the United States Dollar with the AUD/USD at 0.7449, a drop of -0.79% but remains up for the last 7 days with a rise of 0.64%.
3 Month Trend: AUD/USD is trading lower in the last 3-month range [Hi:0.7727, Lo:0.7358] and for the quarter is down -2.85%