In this guide we review :
- Buying Australian Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for the Cocos Keeling Islands
- Sending Money to the Cocos Keeling Islands - Save on Australian Dollar bank transfers
- Australian Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for the Cocos Keeling Islands - Buying Australian Dollar (AUD)
Save money and time by Ordering your Australian Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the AUD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Australian Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Cocos Keeling Islands Trip Checklist
Sending Money to the Cocos Keeling Islands
When sending money to the Cocos Keeling Islands it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Australian Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted AUD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in the Cocos Keeling Islands.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Australian Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in the Cocos Keeling Islands and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to the Cocos Keeling Islands
Australian Dollar - Latest Rate Info
AUD/USD Updates - Sat 18:00 AEST
1 Day 1 Week: Australian Dollar has finished the week up against the United States Dollar with the AUD/USD at 0.7448, a rise of 0.31% and also up for the last 7 days with a rise of 0.24%.
3 Month Trend: AUD/USD is trading lower in the last 3-month range [Hi:0.7727, Lo:0.7358] and for the quarter is down -3.05%