In this guide we review :
- Buying New Zealand Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for the Cook Islands
- Sending Money to the Cook Islands - Save on New Zealand Dollar bank transfers
- New Zealand Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for the Cook Islands - Buying New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Save money and time by Ordering your New Zealand Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the NZD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in New Zealand Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Cook Islands Trip Checklist
Sending Money to the Cook Islands
When sending money to the Cook Islands it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or New Zealand Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted NZD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in the Cook Islands.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more New Zealand Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in the Cook Islands and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to the Cook Islands
New Zealand Dollar - Latest Rate Info
NZD/USD Updates - Fri 15:00 NZST
1 Day 1 Week: New Zealand Dollar was down against the United States Dollar with the NZD/USD at 0.7018, a drop of -0.38% but remains up for the last 7 days with a rise of 1.77%.
3 Month Trend: NZD/USD is trending mid 3-month range [Hi:0.7212, Lo:0.6838] and for the quarter is down -2.3%