In this guide we review :
- Travelling in Costa Rica - Practical tips
- Buying CRC Cash Online - Travel money for Costa Rica
- Sending Money to Costa Rica - Save on CRC bank transfers
- CRC Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Costa Rica Travel Practical Tips
In the Czech Republic try to withdraw cash from banks and ATM's, which are everywhere. While the Euro is widely accepted the Czech Crown is preferred and you may get Crowns back as change from Euro's. While not a huge concern be careful when using money exchange offices. Many of them target tourists, especially in Prague, and you may end up paying a high commission or getting a bad rate without even knowing about it, a Prepaid Travel Card can be useful to not have to worry about this. Never exchange money on the street.
The train is a popular means of transportation in the Czech Republic. If just travelling between towns buses are also a popular way of getting around and are inexpensive.
Travel Money for Costa Rica - Buying CRC (CRC)
Save money and time by Ordering your CRC Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the CRC cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in CRC otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Costa Rica Trip Checklist
- Compare CRC Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Costa Rica
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Costa Rica
When sending money to Costa Rica it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or CRC amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted CRC amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Costa Rica.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more CRC deposited into the recipient bank account in Costa Rica and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Costa Rica