In this guide we review :
- Buying Croatian Kuna Cash Online - Travel money for Croatia
- Sending Money to Croatia - Save on Croatian Kuna bank transfers
- Croatian Kuna Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Croatia - Buying Croatian Kuna (HRK)
Save money and time by Ordering your Croatian Kuna Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the HRK cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Croatian Kuna otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Croatia Trip Checklist
- Compare HRK Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Croatia
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Croatia
When sending money to Croatia it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Croatian Kuna amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted HRK amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Croatia.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Croatian Kuna deposited into the recipient bank account in Croatia and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Croatia