In this guide we review :
- Buying Cuban Peso Cash Online - Travel money for Cuba
- Sending Money to Cuba - Save on Cuban Peso bank transfers
- Cuban Peso Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Cuba - Buying Cuban Peso (CUP)
Save money and time by Ordering your Cuban Peso Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the CUP cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Cuban Peso otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Cuba Trip Checklist
- Compare CUP Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Cuba
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Cuba
When sending money to Cuba it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Cuban Peso amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted CUP amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Cuba.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Cuban Peso deposited into the recipient bank account in Cuba and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Cuba