In this guide we review :
- Travelling in Denmark - Practical tips
- Buying Danish Krone Cash Online - Travel money for Denmark
- Sending Money to Denmark - Save on Danish Krone bank transfers
- Danish Krone Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Denmark Travel Practical Tips
Denmark is a beautiful, clean, and fascinating country. Denmark has a long history dating back to the vikings, and the cities here are beautiful with their medieval charm. While Denmark's cities can be expensive try to visit the countryside which is gorgeous and less pricey. Most tourists only spend a few days in Copenhagen before high costs force them to move on.
Train travel across Denmark (Jutland to Copenhagen) costs around 445 DDK. Buses start around 308 DDK. The closer you get to the travel date the higher the cost. The train from the airport to Copenhagen center is 40 DDK. Local trains and buses are around 30 DDK for a two-zone ticket. The Danish rail system offers cheap tickets via their online website called “Orange tickets.” They are only available online, and you have to print out the ticket before you board the train. These tickets though are a third of the cost of what you can buy at the railway station. Booking train and bus tickets a month in advance can save you up to 50%.
Eating out in Denmark is not cheap, and since Denmark is known more for its views than its cuisine, you won’t miss much by cooking your own food. There are plenty of streets stalls selling sausages and hot dogs etc, that are more on the budget side.
Travel Money for Denmark - Buying Danish Krone (DKK)
Save money and time by Ordering your Danish Krone Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the DKK cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Danish Krone otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Denmark Trip Checklist
- Compare DKK Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Denmark
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Denmark
When sending money to Denmark it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Danish Krone amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted DKK amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Denmark.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Danish Krone deposited into the recipient bank account in Denmark and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Denmark