Foreign Exchange Guide to Djibouti
In this guide we review :
- Buying Djiboutian Franc Cash Online - Travel money for Djibouti
- Sending Money to Djibouti - Save on Djiboutian Franc bank transfers
- Djiboutian Franc Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Djibouti - Djiboutian Franc (DJF)
Save money and time by Ordering your Djiboutian Franc Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the DJF cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Djiboutian Franc otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Djibouti
When sending money to Djibouti it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Djiboutian Franc amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted DJF amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Djibouti.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Djiboutian Franc deposited into the recipient bank account in Djibouti and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Djibouti