In this guide we review :
- Buying United States Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for Ecuador
- United States Dollar (USD) - Currency Market News
- Sending Money to Ecuador - Save on United States Dollar bank transfers
- United States Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Ecuador - Buying United States Dollar (USD)
Save money and time by Ordering your United States Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the USD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in United States Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Ecuador Trip Checklist
- Compare USD Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Ecuador
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
United States Dollar (USD) - Currency Market News
In early October, Saxo Bank added its name to a growing list of banks predicting difficult times ahead for the dollar.
In late September, ABN Amro had expressed its “strong conviction” on future dollar weakness and Nomura reaffirmed its “structural bearish view,” and then, one week later, Saxo predicted that the dollar would “top out” in Q4 and “continue its longer-term decline.”
The timing of these bearish dollar forecasts was surprising given that the US currency had appeared to turn a corner in September. After falling by as much as 11.8% between January and August, the US Dollar Index climbed 3% between September 8th and October 3rd (the day of this report) on the back of the Trump administration’s progress on US tax reforms. However, in the expert opinion of ABN, Saxo and others, Trump’s tax cuts were either unlikely to make it through Congress or wouldn’t have the reflationary effect that investors were hoping for.
While ABN predicted that the dollar would weaken most against growth or commodity-sensitive currencies like the Norwegian krone, Swedish krona, Australian dollar and New Zealand dollar, Saxo saw it suffering most against the Japanese yen because of potentially massive expansion in Japanese fiscal spending (Japan will need to sure up its military in response to North Korean provocation).
Sending Money to Ecuador
When sending money to Ecuador it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or United States Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted USD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Ecuador.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more United States Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in Ecuador and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Ecuador