In this guide we review :
- Buying United States Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for El Salvador
- Sending Money to El Salvador - Save on United States Dollar bank transfers
- United States Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for El Salvador - Buying United States Dollar (USD)
Save money and time by Ordering your United States Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the USD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in United States Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
El Salvador Trip Checklist
- Compare USD Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in El Salvador
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to El Salvador
When sending money to El Salvador it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or United States Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted USD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in El Salvador.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more United States Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in El Salvador and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to El Salvador
United States Dollar - Latest Rate Info
USD/EUR - 02:00 EDT
1 Day 1 Week: United States Dollar was friday down against the Euro with the USD/EUR at 0.8359, a drop of -0.59% and also down for the last 7 days with a drop of -0.42%.
3 Month Trend: USD/EUR is trading lower in the last 3-month range [Hi:0.8933, Lo:0.8297] and for the quarter is down -6.96%.