In this guide we review :
- Buying ERN Cash Online - Travel money for Eritrea
- Sending Money to Eritrea - Save on ERN bank transfers
- ERN Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Eritrea - Buying ERN (ERN)
Save money and time by Ordering your ERN Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the ERN cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in ERN otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Eritrea Trip Checklist
Sending Money to Eritrea
When sending money to Eritrea it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or ERN amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted ERN amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Eritrea.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more ERN deposited into the recipient bank account in Eritrea and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Eritrea