In this guide we review :
- Buying CFP Franc Cash Online - Travel money for French Polynesia
- Sending Money to French Polynesia - Save on CFP Franc bank transfers
- CFP Franc Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for French Polynesia - Buying CFP Franc (XPF)
Save money and time by Ordering your CFP Franc Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the XPF cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in CFP Franc otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
French Polynesia Trip Checklist
- Compare XPF Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in French Polynesia
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to French Polynesia
When sending money to French Polynesia it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or CFP Franc amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted XPF amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in French Polynesia.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more CFP Franc deposited into the recipient bank account in French Polynesia and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to French Polynesia