Foreign Exchange Guide to Georgia
In this guide we review :
- Buying Georgian Lari Cash Online - Travel money for Georgia
- Sending Money to Georgia - Save on Georgian Lari bank transfers
- Georgian Lari Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Georgia - Georgian Lari (GEL)
Save money and time by Ordering your Georgian Lari Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the GEL cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Georgian Lari otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Georgia
When sending money to Georgia it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Georgian Lari amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted GEL amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Georgia.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Georgian Lari deposited into the recipient bank account in Georgia and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Georgia