In this guide we review :
- Buying Ghanaian Cedi Cash Online - Travel money for Ghana
- Sending Money to Ghana - Save on Ghanaian Cedi bank transfers
- Ghanaian Cedi Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Ghana - Buying Ghanaian Cedi (GHS)
Save money and time by Ordering your Ghanaian Cedi Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the GHS cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Ghanaian Cedi otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Ghana Trip Checklist
- Compare GHS Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Ghana
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Ghana
When sending money to Ghana it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Ghanaian Cedi amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted GHS amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Ghana.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Ghanaian Cedi deposited into the recipient bank account in Ghana and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Ghana