In this guide we review :
- Buying Gibraltar Pound Cash Online - Travel money for Gibraltar
- Sending Money to Gibraltar - Save on Gibraltar Pound bank transfers
- Gibraltar Pound Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Gibraltar - Buying Gibraltar Pound (GIP)
Save money and time by Ordering your Gibraltar Pound Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the GIP cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Gibraltar Pound otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Gibraltar Trip Checklist
- Compare GIP Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Gibraltar
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Gibraltar
When sending money to Gibraltar it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Gibraltar Pound amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted GIP amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Gibraltar.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Gibraltar Pound deposited into the recipient bank account in Gibraltar and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Gibraltar