In this guide we review :
- Buying Guinean Franc Cash Online - Travel money for Guinea
- Sending Money to Guinea - Save on Guinean Franc bank transfers
- Guinean Franc Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Guinea - Buying Guinean Franc (GNF)
Save money and time by Ordering your Guinean Franc Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the GNF cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Guinean Franc otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Guinea Trip Checklist
- Compare GNF Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Guinea
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Guinea
When sending money to Guinea it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Guinean Franc amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted GNF amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Guinea.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Guinean Franc deposited into the recipient bank account in Guinea and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Guinea