Foreign Exchange Guide to Hungary
In this guide we review :
- Buying Hungarian Forint Cash Online - Travel money for Hungary
- Sending Money to Hungary - Save on Hungarian Forint bank transfers
- Hungarian Forint Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Hungary - Hungarian Forint (HUF)
Save money and time by Ordering your Hungarian Forint Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the HUF cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Hungarian Forint otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Hungary
When sending money to Hungary it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Hungarian Forint amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted HUF amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Hungary.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Hungarian Forint deposited into the recipient bank account in Hungary and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Hungary