Foreign Exchange Guide to Iran
In this guide we review :
- Buying Iranian Rial Cash Online - Travel money for Iran
- Sending Money to Iran - Save on Iranian Rial bank transfers
- Iranian Rial Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Iran - Iranian Rial (IRR)
Save money and time by Ordering your Iranian Rial Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the IRR cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Iranian Rial otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Iran
When sending money to Iran it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Iranian Rial amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted IRR amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Iran.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Iranian Rial deposited into the recipient bank account in Iran and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Iran