In this guide we review :
- Buying Kenyan Shilling Cash Online - Travel money for Kenya
- Sending Money to Kenya - Save on Kenyan Shilling bank transfers
- Kenyan Shilling Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Kenya - Buying Kenyan Shilling (KES)
Save money and time by Ordering your Kenyan Shilling Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the KES cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Kenyan Shilling otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Kenya Trip Checklist
- Compare KES Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Kenya
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Kenya
When sending money to Kenya it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Kenyan Shilling amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted KES amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Kenya.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Kenyan Shilling deposited into the recipient bank account in Kenya and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Kenya