Foreign Exchange Guide to Laos
In this guide we review :
- Buying Laotian Kip Cash Online - Travel money for Laos
- Sending Money to Laos - Save on Laotian Kip bank transfers
- Laotian Kip Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Laos - Laotian Kip (LAK)
Save money and time by Ordering your Laotian Kip Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the LAK cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Laotian Kip otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Laos
When sending money to Laos it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Laotian Kip amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted LAK amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Laos.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Laotian Kip deposited into the recipient bank account in Laos and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Laos