Foreign Exchange Guide to Lebanon
In this guide we review :
- Buying Lebanese Pound Cash Online - Travel money for Lebanon
- Sending Money to Lebanon - Save on Lebanese Pound bank transfers
- Lebanese Pound Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Lebanon - Lebanese Pound (LBP)
Save money and time by Ordering your Lebanese Pound Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the LBP cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Lebanese Pound otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Lebanon
When sending money to Lebanon it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Lebanese Pound amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted LBP amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Lebanon.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Lebanese Pound deposited into the recipient bank account in Lebanon and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Lebanon