Foreign Exchange Guide to Macedonia
In this guide we review :
- Buying Macedonian Denar Cash Online - Travel money for Macedonia
- Sending Money to Macedonia - Save on Macedonian Denar bank transfers
- Macedonian Denar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Macedonia - Macedonian Denar (MKD)
Save money and time by Ordering your Macedonian Denar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the MKD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Macedonian Denar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Macedonia
When sending money to Macedonia it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Macedonian Denar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted MKD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Macedonia.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Macedonian Denar deposited into the recipient bank account in Macedonia and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Macedonia