Foreign Exchange Guide to Moldova
In this guide we review :
- Buying Moldovan Leu Cash Online - Travel money for Moldova
- Sending Money to Moldova - Save on Moldovan Leu bank transfers
- Moldovan Leu Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Moldova - Moldovan Leu (MDL)
Save money and time by Ordering your Moldovan Leu Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the MDL cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Moldovan Leu otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Moldova
When sending money to Moldova it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Moldovan Leu amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted MDL amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Moldova.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Moldovan Leu deposited into the recipient bank account in Moldova and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Moldova