In this guide we review :
- Travelling in New Zealand - Practical tips
- Buying New Zealand Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for New Zealand
- Sending Money to New Zealand - Save on New Zealand Dollar bank transfers
- New Zealand Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
New Zealand Travel Practical Tips
New Zealand is a popular destination and is inexpensive and offers a lot of ways to save money. The locals are friendly and helpful. Getting around by bus is also fairly cheap, however eating out can be expensive so budget travelers may want to learn to cook. Getting around with flights is also fairly expensive as there is not much competition among airlines. Credit cards are accepted across the country and ATM's are frequently available in cities and towns, though some of New Zealand's highlights are in its beautiful countryside. If you prefer not to carry your main credit card on you at all times a Prepaid Travel Card can be useful to purchase before arrival.
Travel Money for New Zealand - Buying New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Save money and time by Ordering your New Zealand Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the NZD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in New Zealand Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
New Zealand Trip Checklist
- Compare NZD Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in New Zealand
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to New Zealand
When sending money to New Zealand it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or New Zealand Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted NZD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in New Zealand.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more New Zealand Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in New Zealand and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to New Zealand
New Zealand Dollar - Latest Rate Info
NZD/USD - 10:00 NZST
1 Day 1 Week: New Zealand Dollar starts the week slightly up against the United States Dollar with the NZD/USD at 0.7286, a rise of 0.08% and also up for the last 7 days with a rise of 0.43%.
3 Month Trend: NZD/USD is touching 3-month highs [Hi:0.7298, Lo:0.6838] and for the quarter is up 3.78%.