In this guide we review :
- Buying North Korean Won Cash Online - Travel money for North Korea
- Sending Money to North Korea - Save on North Korean Won bank transfers
- North Korean Won Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for North Korea - Buying North Korean Won (KPW)
Save money and time by Ordering your North Korean Won Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the KPW cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in North Korean Won otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
North Korea Trip Checklist
- Compare KPW Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to North Korea
When sending money to North Korea it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or North Korean Won amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted KPW amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in North Korea.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more North Korean Won deposited into the recipient bank account in North Korea and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to North Korea