In this guide we review :
- Buying Omani Rial Cash Online - Travel money for Oman
- Sending Money to Oman - Save on Omani Rial bank transfers
- Omani Rial Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Oman - Buying Omani Rial (OMR)
Save money and time by Ordering your Omani Rial Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the OMR cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Omani Rial otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Oman Trip Checklist
- Compare OMR Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Oman
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Oman
When sending money to Oman it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Omani Rial amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted OMR amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Oman.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Omani Rial deposited into the recipient bank account in Oman and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Oman