Foreign Exchange Guide to Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinean Kina
In this guide we review :
- Buying Papua New Guinean Kina Cash Online - Travel money for Papua New Guinea
- Sending Money to Papua New Guinea - Save on Papua New Guinean Kina bank transfers
- Papua New Guinean Kina Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Papua New Guinea - Papua New Guinean Kina (PGK)
Save money and time by Ordering your Papua New Guinean Kina Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the PGK cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Papua New Guinean Kina otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Papua New Guinea
When sending money to Papua New Guinea it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Papua New Guinean Kina amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted PGK amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Papua New Guinea.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Papua New Guinean Kina deposited into the recipient bank account in Papua New Guinea and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Papua New Guinea