In this guide we review :
- Buying New Zealand Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for Pitcairn
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD) - Currency Market News
- Sending Money to Pitcairn - Save on New Zealand Dollar bank transfers
- New Zealand Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Pitcairn - Buying New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
Save money and time by Ordering your New Zealand Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the NZD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in New Zealand Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Pitcairn Trip Checklist
- Compare NZD Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
New Zealand Dollar (NZD) - Currency Market News
On October 19th, NZD tumbled in value following the news that New Zealand would be led by a Labour government for the first time in nine years, with Jacinda Ardern at the helm.
All had hung on the New Zealand First party’s decision of who to support (the Nationals or Labour) in a coalition following an inconclusive outcome to September’s general election.
After NZ First sided with Labour, NZD fell to a five-month low against USD of 0.697, and to eighteen-month and twenty-month lows against AUD and EUR of 0.889 and 0.589 respectively.
Investors typically dislike political change if deemed unnecessary and so October’s news didn’t sit well.
Furthermore, due to its policies, the mere involvement of NZ First in any coalition displeases investors. The party campaigns on restricting immigration and foreign investment and would like to alter the mandate of the RBNZ to focus less on inflation and more on foreign exchange markets. With that said, New Zealand's currency might have been more resolute had Labour won power via an elected majority.
After the surprising election outcome, it’s unlikely that ABN Amro will be sticking to its forecast for NZD/USD to rise to 0.82 in 2018. The bank predicted as much in September, citing “strong conviction” on future USD weakness, future commodity price rises and potential RBNZ rate hikes as its reasons.
Sending Money to Pitcairn
When sending money to Pitcairn it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or New Zealand Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted NZD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Pitcairn.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more New Zealand Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in Pitcairn and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Pitcairn