In this guide we review :
- Buying Saudi Riyal Cash Online - Travel money for Saudi Arabia
- Sending Money to Saudi Arabia - Save on Saudi Riyal bank transfers
- Saudi Riyal Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Saudi Arabia - Buying Saudi Riyal (SAR)
Save money and time by Ordering your Saudi Riyal Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the SAR cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Saudi Riyal otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Saudi Arabia Trip Checklist
- Compare SAR Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Saudi Arabia
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to Saudi Arabia
When sending money to Saudi Arabia it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Saudi Riyal amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted SAR amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Saudi Arabia.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Saudi Riyal deposited into the recipient bank account in Saudi Arabia and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Saudi Arabia