Foreign Exchange Guide to the Solomon Islands
Solomon Islands Dollar
In this guide we review :
- Buying Solomon Islands Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for the Solomon Islands
- Sending Money to the Solomon Islands - Save on Solomon Islands Dollar bank transfers
- Solomon Islands Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for the Solomon Islands - Solomon Islands Dollar (SBD)
Save money and time by Ordering your Solomon Islands Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the SBD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Solomon Islands Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to the Solomon Islands
When sending money to the Solomon Islands it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Solomon Islands Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted SBD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in the Solomon Islands.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Solomon Islands Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in the Solomon Islands and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to the Solomon Islands