Foreign Exchange Guide to Sudan
In this guide we review :
- Buying Sudanese Pound Cash Online - Travel money for Sudan
- Sending Money to Sudan - Save on Sudanese Pound bank transfers
- Sudanese Pound Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Sudan - Sudanese Pound (SDG)
Save money and time by Ordering your Sudanese Pound Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the SDG cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in Sudanese Pound otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Sending Money to Sudan
When sending money to Sudan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or Sudanese Pound amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted SDG amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Sudan.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more Sudanese Pound deposited into the recipient bank account in Sudan and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Sudan