In this guide we review :
- Buying New Taiwan Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for Taiwan
- New Taiwan Dollar (TWD) - Currency Market News
- Sending Money to Taiwan - Save on New Taiwan Dollar bank transfers
- New Taiwan Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
Travel Money for Taiwan - Buying New Taiwan Dollar (TWD)
Save money and time by Ordering your New Taiwan Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the TWD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in New Taiwan Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
Taiwan Trip Checklist
- Compare TWD Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in Taiwan
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
New Taiwan Dollar (TWD) - Currency Market News
The Taiwan dollar had a storming start to 2017, gaining 9% against the dollar between January and mid-May, but since then the currency has, for the most part, drifted sideways. A USD/TWD rate in the final week of October of 30.26 was little changed on rates from the final week of May (roughly 30.16).
The Taiwan dollar was at least moving against the Japanese yen, against which it climbed in late October to a five-month high of 3.772. The Taiwan dollar is now 4.2% higher on the year against the yen and 5.2% higher than its September lows. However, much of the Taiwan dollar’s appreciation versus the yen is driven by the yen side. October’s re-election of Shinzo Abe as Japanese Prime Minister will preserve “Abenomics” and aggressive stimulus by the Bank of Japan, and this has led to broad yen weakness.
In late October, the Taiwan dollar strengthened against the euro to levels unseen since July. EUR/TWD fell hard on October 26th to 35.27 after the ECB’s announcement that it would proceed cautiously with the normalization of monetary policy – specifically, that there would be no “sudden end” to the bank’s quantitative easing program and that low interest rates would be preserved “well past” QE’s eventual termination date.
Sending Money to Taiwan
When sending money to Taiwan it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or New Taiwan Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted TWD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in Taiwan.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more New Taiwan Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in Taiwan and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to Taiwan