In this guide we review :
- Travelling in the United Kingdom - Practical tips
- Buying British Pound Sterling Cash Online - Travel money for the United Kingdom
- Sending Money to the United Kingdom - Save on British Pound Sterling bank transfers
- British Pound Sterling Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
United Kingdom Travel Practical Tips
England is still one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Be sure to get out of London and England's smaller cities are fascinating and boast a robust culture. England is not known as a budget location and if you don't keep an eye on your budget it can be expensive. ATM's are everywhere and all major credit cards are accepted though you could purchase a Prepaid Travel Card if you prefer not to carry your credit card with you all the time while travelling.
In the United Kingdom, the National Rail service is known to always expensive, no matter how long your trip is. Depending how worried you are about your budget, by booking your ticket with the National Rail over a week in advance and during off peak hours, you can secure you tickets for for up to 50%.
For more travel tips and ideas on ways to save money when traveling in the United Kingdom read our UK Travel guide.
Travel Money for the United Kingdom - Buying British Pound Sterling (GBP)
Save money and time by Ordering your British Pound Sterling Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the GBP cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in British Pound Sterling otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
When in London BER recommends CitizenM London Bankside trendy boutique hotels.
United Kingdom Trip Checklist
- Compare GBP Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in the United Kingdom
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to the United Kingdom
When sending money to the United Kingdom it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or British Pound Sterling amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted GBP amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in the United Kingdom.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more British Pound Sterling deposited into the recipient bank account in the United Kingdom and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to the United Kingdom
British Pound Sterling - Latest Rate Info
GBP/USD - 21:00 BST
1 Day 1 Week: British Pound Sterling was down against the United States Dollar with the GBP/USD at 1.3463, a drop of -0.38% but remains up for the last 7 days with a rise of 2.13%.
3 Month Trend: GBP/USD is trading higher in the 3-month range [Hi:1.3642, Lo:1.2659] and for the quarter is up 6.49%.