In this guide we review :
- Travelling in the United States - Practical tips
- Buying United States Dollar Cash Online - Travel money for the United States
- Sending Money to the United States - Save on United States Dollar bank transfers
- United States Dollar Exchange Rates - Latest info & charts.
United States Travel Practical Tips
Most cities and larger towns have dependable local bus systems, though they are often designed for commuters and provide limited service in the evening and on weekends. Getting around between cities via bus or train can often be not must cheaper than getting a cheap flight, so it's something to consider depending on your travel taste and how much time you want to save travelling.
Don't just stick to the cities, National Parks in the USA are some of the best things about the US. Stunning landscapes, Ranger guided tours and facilities and consistently excellent, while the information handed out for free is amazing. And you you don't need to be a hardcore hiker to explore rugged, remote parks. The policy of putting in drive-up viewpoints and easy, flat paths makes the parks remarkably easy to travel round, even if you've limited mobility. Eating out is relatively cheap and you may find that one meal could easily feed two. When tipping for food 15%-20% of the cost of the meal is expected as it is considered part of a waiter's wage.
Travel Money for the United States - Buying United States Dollar (USD)
Save money and time by Ordering your United States Dollar Online from Travelex, you get better rates and can pick up the USD cash locally or even on travel day at the airport.
Another popular option is to use a Pre-paid Travel Card. Your Debit/Credit Card provider will charge you 2% from market mid-rate, but your bank may also charge an extra 3% as an “Overseas Transaction Charge” plus “Overseas ATM” fees for withdrawing cash.
For card purchases if offered a choice of currencies always select to Pay in United States Dollar otherwise you may get much worst exchange rates.
United States Trip Checklist
- Compare USD Travel Cash Rates - probably why you are here!
- Hotel Deals - Save on your accomodation in the United States
- Travel Insurance - for those unexpected travel adventures...
- Lonely Planet - Travel Guide 3 for 2 offer
Sending Money to the United States
When sending money to the United States it’s important to compare your bank’s rates & fees with those we have negotiated with our partner money transfer providers. To get a better deal you should follow these 3 simple steps :
- Open an account with a provider (id docs may be required)
- You specify the local or United States Dollar amount you want to transfer
- Make a local currency domestic transfer for the requested amount to the provider's bank account in your country
- Once your funds are received by the provider the converted USD amount will be transfered to the recipient account you specify in the United States.
You can save around 5% and maybe more - end result is more United States Dollar deposited into the recipient bank account in the United States and less margins and fees kept by the banks!Compare Transfer Exchange Rates to the United States
United States Dollar - Latest Rate Info
USD/EUR - 18:00 EDT
1 Day 1 Week: United States Dollar starts the week slightly up against the Euro with the USD/EUR at 0.8944, a rise of 0.15% and also up for the last 7 days with a rise of 0.13%.
3 Month Trend: USD/EUR is trading lower in the last 3-month range [Hi:0.9450, Lo:0.8858] and for the quarter is down -4.13%.